Welcome!

Frequent updates on new firearms products, hunting, and hot topics in the shooting industry.

Friday, January 21, 2011

BATFE Update

The Taurus 28ga Raging Judge has been ended by the ATF. Reasoning is because 28ga exceeds the maximum size for a handgun caliber allowed by the ATF. BS if you ask me...
Also, the Rossi Trail Judge has been ended. Similar the the Ranch Hand from last years Shot Show, the Trail Judge, has a more formed shoulder stock that makes it look and is more usable as a long gun. Its a short barrel shotgun so the ATF said no. Too bad, it would be such a handy gun. Very few pics of gun...here's the only one that I found.

1 comment:

  1. Banning the 28ga Raging Judge is dumb, the size of cartridge shouldn't matter. I'm not convinced of its usefulness though. I mean it's too unweildly as a personal defense weapon, and not particularily designed to be a hunting pistol.

    The Trail Judge does look like a lever action rifle and not like a pistol. Classifying it as a short barrel shotgun is probably accurate. However I do have beef with the 16" minimum regulation. I also have beef with the 200$ tax-stamp for AR-15s with short barrel and shoulder stock. Actually I have beef with lots of the BATF regulations!

    ReplyDelete